A Journey to Find Me

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

War!!!

I almost had to declare war on Conway Corporation. For those non Conway residence, Conway Corporation (CC from here on out) is our all in one combination utility company. We have our electric, water, waste, cable & internet through them. It's our answer to one stop shopping. Well anyway, you may remember from a post last week that our digital cable box in the bedroom went crazy Thursday night and forced us to make lemonade. Well Friday morning the service guy came our and couldn't figure out what made our box go loopy so he replaced it with a "brand new" one. That's all fine and dandy. I don't care abt the age of the box, as long as I can get my tv fix on. I loves me some Nick @ Nite!!! So things are working great with the new box until Monday morning. It makes some sound and dies. I mean it completely dies. So we're thinking that maybe they're just passing out defective boxes. We call the customer service department, very nicely may I add, and tell them that our box died again. They say they'll send someone out. Let me put a pen in this and start a whole new rant about utility companies and their inability to set appointments. What is up with this range of time thing that they've been doing since they installed Fred & Wilma Flinstones' cable? I don't get that, but anyhoooo, I give the people my cell number so they can call before they come and I would leave work to meet them. Fast forward to my Monday afternoon conference call and dude finally calls. Apparently he's been at my house for a few minutes, calling my home number and wondering why no one is there. I dispatch the wife and send her to the house and when she gets there she gets a note on the door from dude (Operator #422) saying that he waited 20 minutes (20 minutes my arse!) and had other jobs to do. Point #1....if my box worked I wouldn't have a need to see you. Point #2...you're a lying SOB! Anyway, we call the customer service people to #1 reschedule and #2 tell them what a lying piece of work they've hired and the lady decides to scold. Need I remind you that I pay good money for their service and I refuse to be scolded by some CS rep. We had to cut her off mid sentence and ask her to do her job and reschedule the visit not reprimand us! I don't think she liked that very much, but I didn't like her very much because before she would reschedule the visit she made us do some very dumb things....like check to make sure the box was plugged up....like we unplugged it and forgot abt it.

Long story short, we got a different operator today and another box. So, we'll see how this one works. Believe me, I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

I'm with you on your rant about them not being able to set an appointment..."Oh,we'll be there sometime between 8 and 2" What?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home