A Journey to Find Me

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Running & throwing up and Sexual Healing!!!!

Have you ever been in the last quarter of a 3 mile run and had to will the bile from rising from your stomach to your throat to the street on which you are running? I can proudly say that I have. It was a great feeling - not the war against bile, but the running part. I can finally do 3 miles in less than 30 minutes. I can't quite run the entire thing, but hey who's splitting hairs. I run most of it and that is a helluva lot more than I could have said 8 months ago.

I'm almost happy with my weight loss. There are still those problem areas that being overweight for so long creates, but hey again who's splitting hairs. I have about 20 lbs to go before I switch from losing mode to maintenance. I wonder how I'll feel then, when my main goal won't be to lose and I won't have to be as strict. I'm sure that I'll still have a degree of strictness because without it I'll end up 300 lbs again, but I'll cast off a few restraints.

Life is sooo funny and I'm really enjoying the freedom that it brings. I was talking to a friend last night and we were talking about how we substitute things in place of what we really want. He substitutes ice cream and caramel for some of his deepest, darkest desires. That started me to thinking and questioning what I substitute for my desires. Since I don't always give in, I guess I have to substitute something, but I can't readily think of anything.

But I'm easily satisfied (ask the wife...lol). But seriously, I am really easily pacified. I was watching a show last night (Sexual Healing on Showtime) and it really solidified that fact for me. Sexual Healing is a show that helps couples deal with the sexual issues in their life. Their lack of sex or reasons that it might not be good or just problems in general in that area. It is a relatively new show, but it is so intriguing. It baffles me that these people are willing to get on tv and tell the cable buying world that their sex life isn't good. I would rather die. If is isn't good then slip a note under my pillow or something but don't take me on Showtime and put it out in the open....lol. But back to my point, this guy was talking about how his wife didn't like giving him oral sex (see I told you it was raw), but anyway he just had to have his daily dose of oral and so to fill that void he had several infidelities....some just oral.

It was at that point that I realized that there are few things that I value so strongly that I couldn't live without them. I adapt easily. If you don't like giving oral sex, then hey I can live without it. If you don't like to watch Seinfeld, then we can buy two tv's and each be happy. There are ways around most things and I look for them whenever possible. If you don't like green beans then I'll make you broccoli. See, I'm open and easy!

Just in case you were wondering, the wife started doing her husband and he vowed to stop letting other people play in her 'playground'. They just needed Dr. Berman to help them see the light.

That was the long (and nasty) way around the mountain, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

Lata!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home