A Journey to Find Me

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New beginnings....

Sounds fun huh?

One of the great things about life is the numerous chances we have to start over. Many of those chances are automatic and don't really require alot of work on our parts. If you offend me, surely in time I'll get over it and our relationship can be stronger than it ever was. If I mess up my credit and finances to the point that I need to file bankruptcy, I have the chance to start over and become a millionaire. If I don't like my job, I can go to school and get some extra training and change it.

The key to starting over, no matter what the area, is learning. A million do-overs mean nothing if you've not learned the reason or the lesson behind your first failure or disappointment.

That's where I am in life now (today). I'm trying to look at the big picture of my life and see the areas that I am weak. And more than just recognizing those areas, I want to know (if possible) the causes behind that weakness. In the past I've wanted to know the reasons so that I could use them to beat up on myself and make me feel bad (anybody want an invitation to my pity party???), but today I want to know so that I can TRY not to make the same mistakes twice.

I want to be a better, smarter and leaner person today than I was yesterday. I want my thinking to evolve and grow. I don't want to be stuck in a rut. If there is something in my life that I am unhappy with, I have the power (mostly) to change it. And if the first change that I make doesn't provide the ultimate reward, then I have the power to change it again and again and again, until I finally get it right.

That's the thing about life, the only time you're unable to make change is once you die. And I don't plan on dying anytime soon.
******************************
Oooh I want a bag of Doritos and a bowl of cheese dip.....soooo bad. Doesn't that sound good? Ooh and a Margarita!!!

I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from, but I must crucify the flesh. No fattening chips & dip for me. Darn this sexy body of mine and all that it requires for upkeep & maintenance! LOL

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

ooh, that does sound good. I think I'll have some chips and dip soon. Perhaps you can live vicariously through me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home