A Journey to Find Me

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Half Marathon here I come....

Ok, so how crazy is it that I'm really entertaining the idea of trying to train for a half marathon. Here I am the fat guy who could barely run a mile months ago and now I'm lofty enough to think that I can run a half marathan (13.1 miles). Am I crazy? I don't know but it's a goal. And even if by some crazy thing, I fail at least I attempted it. Isn't that what life's about? Wanna join me...here's the link http://www.littlerockmarathon.com/.

We're aiming for the half marathon, but will settle for the half marathon relay. I say settle, but that's still a victory for me. I'm so scared that I can even have the mind to think this. What happened to the sedentary me? Let me put this in, it's not a done deal yet, so I reserve the right to change my mind....lol.

I had a great weekend. Spent time with the wife & her family. Though draining in some ways, it is always a good time to hang out with them. It's less work with someone else's family than with your own. With my family, I have to worry about being embarassed or angered by some dumb comment or action. With her family, I really have that worry. Not because they don't say or do dumb things, but I'm less effected by it. I do think of them as my family, but you know what I mean.

Saturday night the wife and I went to Memphis to 'Isaac Hayes Place'. Had some good (translate - fattening) food and just enjoyed the company of each other. The drive was real fun. We chilled back and listened to some R. Kelly remixes and just laughed. She's the bomb. Too bad we had to go back to her mom's instead of a hotel room, cuz she woulda got some that night!

B-day drops today. For all of you non-Beyonce stalkers (I mean followers), that's her new album. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm sure that I will. Unless you send me an email telling me that you've purchased it for me and that I can come pick it up from you. If you're a cute female you might get a kiss. Who am I kidding? I'll kiss just abt anyone for a Beyonce cd.

I haven't done a lick of work today, well let me take that back. I did do some stuff, but nothing that was on my to do list. Funny how an extra day off will make u not want to do real work stuff. But tomorrow...back to the grindstone.

Holla back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home