A Journey to Find Me

Monday, July 24, 2006

Life goes on.....

As much as it would placate me to lie around and wallow in my hurts and my pain, life goes on. After the call on Friday afternoon, I was reminded how quickly we are expected to rebound. I still had work to do, I still had weekend plans and I still had friends to tugged on me. For their benefit, I must say that none of them knows what I know or what I've been going through, but nonetheless I still had to be in a position to perform. I had to mask my hurt, disappointment and even my shame to be there for someone else.

Life does go on, despite what I may believe or wish, life doesn't stop because I'm in a funky place. I guess that's a good thing though, considering how often I'm in a funky place. The earth would never rotate if it depended on my mood to push it.

Anyway, I guess this gives me an opportunity to focus on other things in my life right now. What exactly, I'm not sure, but something. Are we done yet? Probably not, but we're not sure when or how or exactly what our next move will be. There are still options out there and maybe one of them are for us, who knows....surely not us.

We had a pretty laid back weekend. On Saturday we went to the spa for a day of pampering. We got our nails did, and backs rubbed and just really enjoyed the morning making ourselves pretty. Saturday night we had dinner and went to a movie with a friend. The plans were already made prior to Friday, but in hindsight it maybe wasn't the best idea. The couple we were out with are expecting there 2nd baby and the wife is like in the last stages of pregnancy. As she sat across the table from us pulling out the digital camera showing pictures of their first son and the newest addition to their family (a nephew) I realized that we probably should have skipped that meeting until a time when it wasn't so fresh. We didn't go off or anything and slap the camera out of her hand, but it's like pouring salt on an open wound.

With that in mind, we decided to skip church on Sunday and just chill out at the house. I made dinner and we tried to clear out the dvr of things that we'd been too busy to watch in the past couple of weeks. I roasted cornish hens, and in hindsight I probably shouldn't have done that. They were seasoned to perfection and just really good, but it felt like cannibalism. When eating a real chicken (in parts) you can kind of pretend it is something else, but when eating a cornish hen you know you're eating something that's whole. I just couldn't finish it - what's wrong with me..... Am I nuts???

Probably going to try to lay back as much as possible this week and catch up on some housework. The yard is rebelling again and it is time to tame it....lord please help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home