A Journey to Find Me

Friday, June 23, 2006

Tomorrow vs. Today

Have you ever been so consumed with what tomorrow holds that you neglect to realize what you have in today? There is an old cliche' that I can't remember, but it goes something like - Tomorrow never comes, blah blah blah, something about today is just yesterday's tomorrow.

Ok, so I royally screwed that up, but I hope you get what I'm saying. I spend alot of time preparing for tomorrow's tragedy or tomorrow's appointment. So much time that I usually neglect what's going on today or what's presenting itself for today. It's a bad habit that I'm not sure how to break. How do you not focus on tomorrow's - the bills it will inevitably bring, the chores that will have to be done, errands that will have to be run? Why is it so hard to just take things day by day and not worry about the unknown things...especially those things that I have little to no control over.

Anyway, it's the weekend again. I don't have any big plans but I'm sure that something will present itself and it'll be up to me to put up my barrier and deflect it.

I'd sure like to be lying down now. Am I lazy? Probably so, but who cares. Sleep is wonderful and I like wonderful things.

oooh what I wouldn't give for a chicken biscuit from chick-fil-a or a stomach that rippled and pecs (manboobs) that didn't shake when i ran. But as I think about it chik-fil-a doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with rippled abs or rock solid pecs. Do you ever find yourself in a lethargic state where nothing is right. No matter what you're doing, it's just not right or happening the way you pictured. Is anything ever enough? Any accomplishment ever fully satisfactory? Am I just an old grouch? Probably so...and so i'll quit my ranting and bitching and holler at u good people later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home