A Journey to Find Me

Friday, June 02, 2006

It's the weekend baby.....

Today was shot #1. Lupron...as I've said this shot is the easiest one (if there is such thing), but it takes like two seconds to give and she doesn't even whence. What a trooper she is! Kudos to you sweetie.... For anyone who is curious about the calendar and how this works.... here.

It's the weekend again. I'm finally over being flashed by Q and so I'm going out again tomorrow night. This time it's with tamer and more calm company and I should not see anyone's tits! The wife and I are gonna spend a little quality time tomorrow. It should be fun. I should have plenty to say on Monday.

I made an awesome stir fry last night, I mean awesome...either that or I was just darn hungry. Either way it was good to me.

****************
Life can often change in the twinkling of an eye. I think that it's simply amazing how tastes change with the seasons. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but there times that I crave something (like grapes) and two months later a pound of the very grapes I craved without abandon, will sit in the fridge until they are all dried out and withered up. I guess that it is just a part of human nature to change and to grow and that is part of what makes us special and unique creatures, but it is just mind boggling to me.

I have changed so much over the years. The core of who I am remained intact, but the accessories of who I am have change and continue to change.

My greatest fear has always been becoming bored - in life, work, church but really in my marriage. When I was preparing to be married my greatest fear wasn't that I wasn't marrying the right person per`se or that the flowers weren't the right shade of peach, it was that we'd run out of new & fresh things to say to each other. It was that after we had gotten to know each other and had lived our lives so fully and so completely that we would sit on the porch rocking our grandkids and have nothing new to say. I would have heard all of her stories and would be tired of them (and her). I would know all of her dreams and she would know me the same way and maybe be more tired of me than I was of her.

That fear has turned into my aspiration. I want to know all of her stories and I want to know all of her fears, her childhood dreams and her adult failures. I want to know her inside and out. And when we inevitably run out of things to share and reveal, we'll go create new ones together. That should be fun.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home