A Journey to Find Me

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's all just a tease....

I should be in Dallas today, sitting through boring meeting after boring meeting, but no. It is not so. Just as we were preparing to leave TPTB (the powers that be) for some odd reason decided to postpone our trip to a later time. Now, as much as I didn't want to go to Dallas and sit through boring meals and meetings I wanted to be here at work even less.

So here I sit, trying to exhaust the internet and having little luck finding anything of value that is not blocked by my job's filter.

I need to mow my lawn, but I just don't wanna! I just plain don't wanna! I want to go home and watch reruns of my favorite shows and let the weeds take over...even more than they already have.

Does anyone make enough money to live comfortably without wanting for more? Does anyone really live by a budget? I'm sure the answers to those questions are yeah and I'm sure that I even know a couple...it's just hard turning into one of those people. That's my quest though. Over the next 12 months, we're going to eradicate extra's from our life. We cried last night as we pondered which of our extra channels would have to bite the dust and which of our bills we could do without. Keeping up with the Jones' isn't as easy or as fun as it sounds. Who in the hell are the Jones' anyway and why do we want to keep up with invisible people? Are we stupid?

Don't you hate it when you get midnight texts from dumb people about dumb things. And you want to cuss them out and tell them to quit wasting your text messages (since your plan limits the amount you can get anyway) but telling them that may exclude you from the funny ones that they will eventually send out?

Don't you hate it when you have piles of clothes that need to be washed and folded up, but you lack the energy and the desire to fold them? Or when you'd rather go to Wal-Mart and buy new draws instead of washing the ones you already have? Or when you have a room in your house that you wish would implode and fade away because you don't really feel like shredding and packing up allthe books, papers, and miscellaneous junk that you've gathered over the years?

Anybody wanna meet me at Burger King and splurge on a Whopper with Cheese and a large fry and drink. I really feel like eating today, but then I'd be forced to remember it when I stepped on the scale, so I guess instead of eating away my boredom I'll try and work it off. Dontcha hate it when you have like a bunch of more weight to lose and you want it to be gone like yesterday but your belly still jiggles? Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Huh, dontcha!?!?

peace.....

mt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home