A Journey to Find Me

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm so tired....

I partied like it was 1999 last night. Well not that hard, but I partied harder & later than I'm used to. It was a friend's birthday and so off we went to celebrate. And celebrate we did all evening. Just a quick run-down of last nights high points: I got hit on by a 40 year old cowgirl (with three kids who said she was a model, but I think she works at IHOP). She tried to dance with me on every other song - country or hip-hop. I had to eventually escape to the other side of the club to avoid her unabashed advances. Next, we got flashed by JerQuita (that's a mouthful)....but she decided she liked us so she flashed us several times and repeatedly told us that she was proud of her "double d's." I got grinded and sandwiched between JerQuita and her unnamed white friend who was looking for her first black conquest. I had to remind them that even though I'm all sexy and stuff - "my goodies, my goodies, my goodies NOT my goodies!" I line danced, I did the e-e-e-e-lectric slide, I did the hustle, the bunnyhop. I mean I flat foot partied. We did the thang!

Now that I've said that, let me say that I am soooo tired this morning. Though I have the mind, wit and sexual prowess of an 18 year old, I have the bed time habits of a 70 year old. I likes to hit my bed early and often. I was yawning by 11:00 and I'm feeling the full effects of my late night now. Send me some coffee...please!

Tonight it's sleepville for me! Hopefully, my friend will call me so that we can run tonight, but if not I'll be slobbin and snorin by 9.

On to other things, we start with the whole injection process tomorrow (between 6 and 8 am). These shots are sub-q (under the skin) so they are easier to take. They are all easy for me to take since I don't take any, but these are given with a small needle and relatively painless so that makes me feel better. This shot will continue all the way through the process, but we will be adding the shots for stimulation in about 10-14 days. Those are the shots that are given intramuscular and can be quite painful.

It's hard to be optimistic about something that brings so much stress along with it. There are so many do's and don'ts - but nothing ~absolutely nothing~ guarantees success with this. The unknown is perhaps the most daunting task one faces when dealing with this. Along with the normal fears that impending parenthood brings, you're faced with all of this pre-stuff and you end up putting the cart before the horse. Wondering if you'll be good parents before you are even pregnant. Nuff said abt that for today.

lata...

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

That was the funniest blog you've ever written!

Did you ride the bull? (and I'm not referring to JaQuita)

I'll let you know about running. It all depends on whether I have company tonight.

Good luck to you guys on all of the shots and procedures you (and by you I mean Keisha!) are going through. I'll be praying that everything works out this time. I'd like nothing more than to paint a picture to decorate your nursery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home