A Journey to Find Me

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back to life...back to reality...

It is always hard coming back to work after an extended period of time...even if it is only a 3 day weekend. How I'd love to be rich from sitting home watching Dawson's Creek reruns.

Had a decent weekend....the wife and I volunteered @ Riverfest on Friday night, but were too tired/lazy to get back up to make it to the Morris Day & the Time concert. I did hear reports that Morris & Jerome did get off though...hate I missed it.

Spent some time Saturday playing and swinging with a friend. It's amazing what friends can do for your self esteem and your disposition. I hadn't gotten on a swing in ages, but we had contests to see who could swing higher and we ran around like we were kids. I was sweating and stinky by the time we left, but I had a great time. Thanks CaCo!!

Sunday was the usual, church and dinner with friends. I always enjoy going out with my church friends. They are really good people and funny too. It's amazing how friends and a little fried catfish can take your mind off of the pressing issues of life, if only momentarily.

After dinner the wife and I retired to the house to watch The Wire. We're finally past the first 5 episodes and I think that we're addicted. We have one dvd to watch and we'll be done with the first season. Bring on the second season. I've been really enjoying the time we've spent watching and navigating our way through the intriacies of The Wire and it's creepy and sometimes violent characters.

Yesterday we grilled out with some friends. We had sooo much food. I was full just looking at the spread that we had. There was food aplenty, and no one left hungry or even mildly full. A good time was had by all, but of course since we had to go to work, we had to cut the evening short to prepare for today.

I didn't run this morning, I think that I suck a little bit, just a little bit though. I'm going to go tomorrow though. That reminds me, I need a stopwatch.

That was basically my weekend in a very small nutshell.

We'll talk more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home