A Journey to Find Me

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Somebody call DHS....

I think I've been neglecting you...my loyal blog readers.

Believe me it hasn't been intentional. I've just been extremely busy with school and stuff and work and stuff and the wife and stuff. Speaking of the wife...today is the 4th anniversary of our wedding. Isn't it wonderful to be in love....She's the better part of me. She makes me like getting up in the morning and laying down at night (wink wink)! Our relationship has come a
long way and I think that it is finally coming full circle. We are finally entering into the relationship of our dreams....after four years...that's a long darn time. I read the statistics and they say that if you make it past 7 years that you've usually passed the thresholds where most marriages fail. I feel that way now. Of all the reasons that either one of us could have used to call it quits, we both persisted and marched on and made it work. She's my best friend and my greatest comfort. She's the one that I look forward to speaking with the most and the one I miss the most when we're apart. I hope that she's reading this and smiling now because seeing her smile does wonders for my spirit. Thank You God for bringing her into my life. I don't know what it would be like without her, and because of you I won't have to find out!

Ok back to me. Life has been hectic. So much to report, so little time. Last week I ran an entire mile without stopping...I can't remember if I reported that or not but it still lingers in my recent memory of exciting events. I hit my goal of 250 lbs today. Yeah that's still a lot, but its 47 lbs gone for me. I'm well on my way to sexy-ville. I still want to lose another 40-50 lbs before I'm done. Everyone keeps saying that will be too much, but I'll just take it pound by pound and find a happy medium between where I'm happy and where I don't look like I'm hunting for my next fix.

This weekend is Toad Suck here in Conway. It's a big festival...a reason to eat and spend money if you ask me, but no one did.

Sunday is the dedication of my godchild (and she's a beauty too...I'll have to post pictures of her later). So I have to buy a new suit, since all of my old ones fit like a potato sack and hide all of my newfound sexiness. As much as I like looking good in a suit, I hate spending money on one. Gosh darn it!

Life has been to busy to have many problems. The ones that arise usually get the lowest priority because I have too many other things on my plate to fully consume them. That's a good thing though because there was a time when I had too much time on my hands and all I did was create problems and dwell on them. Thank God for deliverance.

Today I find me in a place of peace, a place of contentment, a place of semi-rest.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

Congratulations on your Wedding anniversary and your weight loss. You're an inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home