A Journey to Find Me

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sleepless nights and new computers.....

There's probably nothing worse than seeing every hour throughout the night. For the past two nights I've been up all night...and not in the **wink wink** good way. I've tossed, turned and had the craziest dreams. I was up at 2 am actually watching television. It's weird because I try to never see anytime between 2 & 6...unless I happen to be on a dance floor surrounded by people chanting and throwing dollar bills at my feet. By the way, why is there nothing good on tv after midnight. It's like sex & infomercial central.

It never fails that every area of my life goes haywire at once. If I could have one fire going at a time then maybe it would be a little more manageable, but no. Not only am I on pins & needles about Friday, but work is crazy. My computer officially died yesterday. Not only did it take the tech guy 2 hours to come even diagnose it but I lost alot of my stuff that I had accumulated over the last six years. I had to have software reinstalled and it just was an overall pain in the rear end.

Of course, having a new computer has advantages. It is faster and cuter and all new and stuff, but still. I wanted to scream and throttle the tech guy all afternoon. And of all days for it to crash, it would crash during one of my busiest processes. So I was rendered useless for 5+ hours. It doesn't help that I didn't get to work until 9. Yesterday wasn't the best day, but it was a great day because as bad as things were they could have been worse. Believe me...they could have been worse.

Today the wife officially becomes an old woman. She's 30. Yeah, I like my women like I like my scotch....old, brown & smooth.....lol. No seriously, she is aging well and her wisdom well exceeds her 30 years. Don't get it twisted, she has the beauty (and stamina) of a ripe 18 year old concubine....by the way - that is a compliment!

I have to run off to some meeting with people that I don't really want to talk to...but I'll try to learn something and if by chance that happens....I'll post it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home