A Journey to Find Me

Friday, June 30, 2006

I had a nice, long, thought-provoking post written yesterday about old habits and our tendencies to fall back into them. But my stupid computer ate when the internet decided to freeze up. So I rebelled and refused to write it again. Maybe the inspiration will hit later and I'll bless you all with my thoughts.

Moving on....we had the first ultrasound since starting the stimulants this morning. After four days of meds there were 19 detectable follicles in the ovaries of my pin-cushion of a wife. I was a bit scared at first because I didn't see anything but gray space, but after the nurse informed me that was the uterus not the ovaries I calmed down a bit. I guess I've still got a little bit of training before I'm ready to hang my medical degree...lol. But anyway things seem to be progressing well. She's a good responder to the medicine - and not a big complainer. Who would have thought that the extract of pregnant primate urine would have such an impact on the human body! I neva woulda thunk it!!!

There was this lady ahead of us who was complaining about how bad her legs hurt from the injections and how she could barely walk from the pain and how she almost gave up. That sparked an idea that would surely make me right. I am going to find a way to make these drugs in a non injectible form - say like a syrup. Of course like with all other medicines, they will have side effects. You may go blind in your left eye (anything other than temporary blindness please see referring physician), you may have anal leakage and itching and temporary numbness. But hey...no injections.

Ok, back to reality. The nurses seemed really pleased with the progress. We'll probably go back in on Sunday or Monday morning for another ultrasound to make sure that the follicles are growing appropriately and getting to a mature size. There's no concrete date for retrieval or transfer so my Dallas birthday trip is in the air. That's ok though because I can always go to Dallas. And we still may be able to squeeze it in, we'll see.

It's very hard not to get excited or get your hopes up when you have an appointment like we did today. Even though you know that nothing is promised and that it is not guaranteed to work, you have to hope against reality. I don't think I really understood what that meant until today. Being raised in church you always hear those types of cliches and I've gotten pretty good at putting them in perspective with reality. But as I continue to live and experience things I realize what it means to have faith in spite of what could be or what may be. So we'll see....

We're gonna rest this weekend and try to eat healthy and stay cool.

We'll talk more later...

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

Y'all are going to end up in a Lifetime Original Movie called Cheaper by the Dozen 2!

Good luck! Praying for you guys.

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a female version, too, which happens to be call a clitoris sizegenetics. In fact, all primates, in spite of human beings, have got a penis sizegenetics.That's nice to know, as it means that foreplay and oral sex play a higher role on the sexuality of humans than in many other primates and most other mammals. Since a sizegenetics is neither utilized for that male or female for the human species (to acquire a penile or clitoral sizegenetics), that means we rely on more intimate foreplay and even oral sex to stimulate our partners into become sexually engorged. It's one aspect that sets human beings other than our ape brothers and sisters.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home