A Journey to Find Me

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I ain't gon beg you....

As I was sweating away on the elliptical machine this morning (yes I am getting sooo fine), I was listening to an old but familiar song on my ipod. Fantasia was singing "Ain't Gon Beg You", and I was singing right along (much to the dismay of my fellow gym-mates).

As she sang the hell out of this song, which is geared toward an unappreciative or inattentive mate, I begin to think about all of the other ways in life that we "beg" people.

I can't really speak for anyone else, but I know that in my own way I have been (and probably to some extent still am) guilty of begging people....for approval, acceptance and the list could go on and on!

I know that it is almost a cultural norm to seek acceptance and approval on some level...but dang don't we take it to the max sometimes. The car we drive has to be a certain model/year, the clothes we wear has to be a certain name brand, our neighborhood has to be at a certain level or we feel inferior.

I understand wanting to be in style and wanting to have the best of the best but when your main driving factor behind wanting all of that is to impress somebody else...that's just whack! Yes WHACK....

Life is soo much more than what you have and can get. Please don't take this as a rant against nice things....cuz believe me - I luvs me some nice stuff. But I want nice things because I like them not to make someone else think that I am all that or that have "achieved." Simply put...I ain't gon beg u!

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

Who would have known that inside that svelt exterior, there would be such a deep person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home