A Journey to Find Me

Friday, March 17, 2006

To love or not to love....that is indeed the question.

The longer I live and the more of life I experience I learn that loving someone is a choice. Many would have u believe that love is something that konks you over the head and directs you in a path that you had no desire to follow, but I must disagree. Loving someone, heck for that matter loving anyone is a choice. Making that choice may lead you to do things that you normally wouldn't do, but it's a choice nonetheless.

I made a choice to love my wife and though that requires me to make a choice not to love other people and/or other things it is a choice that I made. Though I look back and wonder what I was thinking when I made that choice (lol) I am committed to sticking by that choice. At one time marriage and a life with her seemed like the best thing in the world to me. I look back on that decision on the days that I want to let it go and it reaffirms my commitment to her and to us.

Just like going to college - I know that there had to be a reason that I signed up for certain classes, though at test time I can't quite remember why I signed up for that class or what purpose it serves in the totality of my life. But though I can't see it's purpose doesn't mean that the purpose is automatically negated. It just means that I've got to make sure to pass this class/test so that I don't have to retake the test. Because even though it would be another semester and probably another teacher, the content would still be the same and there would still be tests! So since I like my teacher now I think I'll stick with her. At least I know the format of her tests and I know that she grades on a curve.

Today is going to be a great day...the sun is shining and the birds are singing. Jamie Foxx is singing in my ear telling me to "Come and get that money". Things are well on the inside of me. My mind is in a good place today. Let's hope that the weekend takes the same tone.

Pease (yes I spelled it wrong on purpose...gosh!!)

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Anthony Edward said...

It's your number one fan. I really appreciated this entry today. I can honestly say, that I learned something and I am better for having read it. I will ponder yor words all weekend.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

What a coincidence! I am also listening to Get This Money! Weird how that works out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home