A Journey to Find Me

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Give Us Free!!!

I was up early this morning, just couldn't sleep. Had too much on my mind, too many thoughts vying for primacy. Too many feelings to rest. Perhaps I should have gotten up to pray (that would have been the most beneficial and calming thing to do), but you'll find out that I'm not always so practical. Anyway, instead of praying I decided to watch 'The Brothers' on TBS. Granted I only caught the last 30-40 minutes of it, but since I consider it a good movie full of eye candy it was gratifying all the same.

One of the lines from the movie that always makes me laugh is when D. L. Hughley says "Give us free." He is referencing a quote from the movie Amistad - any other time this would have made me laugh, but this morning it caused me to stop and think. Think about all of the things that we want freedom from, the many things that there are to be bound to and desire freedom from. What do you know, I'm a closet philosophical thinker....

As I lay there, trying to be still so I wouldn't wake up the wife, I thought abt the things that I wanted freedom from. Then I began to question my desire for freedom. Is that desire to be free real or do I desire a freedom from the guilt and consequences that they bring? For instance, it is no secret that I desire to be free from debt. The question that I had to ask myself is if I desired to be free from debt (as in to owe no one) or if I desired to not have my credit rating effected when I didn't pay on time or have my lights turned off if I quit paying. There is a difference. I hope that adequately convey's what I mean. It could be related to anything...just ask yourself like I asked myself...do I want freedom from 'IT' or the guilt/stigma that 'IT' brings. I'll be interested in the answer that you come up with....

Mystic_journeyer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home