A Journey to Find Me

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Really Random Post

I had a great breakfast this morning...not something that I would normally have, but it was filling and good for me and actually good to me. It was a breakfast frittata (made with egg beaters, broccoli, green peppers, onions & tomatoes). Basically it was a crustless quiche.

I'm finally going to breakdown and buy a few new pairs of jeans. My current ones are getting too too big and while I like my clothes big, I'm not in to the slouchy look. I would tell you what size...but I'll wait and see if they fit first....I can't wait until I can squeeze all this ass into a size 38 or 36 jeans. It's gonna be on and poppin! LOL....look out world here I come.

Transition seems to be the word of the week for many people, myself included. I was reading another blog this morning (Shout out to His Son!) and the question that kept coming to me was "how do you leave your friends with whom you've shared so much over the years, especially when you don't share the big things anymore." I understand the need but the how is what baffles me. I think that he was asking the same question....on some level anyway. I guess we'll both find out the specific answers when the time is right.

Transition, though always necessary for growth, can be one of the loneliest and gut wrenching times of life. As I prepared for high school graduation I remember thinking how I didn't want to lose my friends. I thought that we'd always be close like we were. There was a core group of 6 of us and we were extremely close (it was a residential high school). Today, almost nine years later, I'm close to one of them, I keep in pretty consistent contact with 2 - consistent is probably quarterly, and the other one I pretty much ignore. It's funny how times change and with the times comes new friends/new situations/new likes & dislikes. My circle of friends looks almost nothing like it did 2 years ago. Some come and go and some stay for the long haul.

To all who are experiencing transition, know that you aren't alone. And though your transition may make you an entirely different person, I'll love and support the new you....

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

Really random posts rock!

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Сражаются за правду
!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home