A Journey to Find Me

Monday, March 27, 2006

Existing or Living...There is a difference

Have you ever given thought to whether you are simply existing or actually living life?

I was going through my morning routine this morning and began to ask myself that question. And though I could come up with no concrete answer I must say that the thought of waking up 40 years from now, heck even 20 years from now and realizing that I've been floating through life simply being tossed to and fro and not making any waves of my own scares me.

I am no longer satisfied with mediocrity. I want extraordinary...extraordinary everything. I don't just want an okay marriage, I want a super marriage. I don't just want an ok or average sex life....I want the hairs on my toes to stand on end when my wife enters the room. I'm tired of simply liking my job, I want to love my career. The list goes on and on...But u get the drift (sorry random chick for the abbreviation)!

Mediocrity is the enemy of greatness. As good as that sounds, I didn't make that up. But even though I stole that from someone else I truly believe that. I am 26 years old and though my life hasn't all been hell it has the potential to be sooo much more...if I get off my tail and make it that way.

Now that I have a will to do...I need a strategy. That's where the actual work comes in. It's not enough to have the desire but I also need a good plan. Though greatness may not come over night, it shall come. I'll be honest and say that I don't have the strategy lined out....but I'm not resting on that. It's rolling around in my mind and I'm looking for ways.

If you have any suggestions or know something that I don't....hit a brutha up.....

Till next time!

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Anthony Edward said...

Did you read my blog entry about "Becoming?" This is kind of where I am right now too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home