A Journey to Find Me

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Forgiveness....

When did forgiveness become so darn hard - to give and receive?

In the days of old people would have their knock down, drag out fights and would still be there for each other and have each other's back. One would offer forgiveness and the other would graciously accept...or at least that's the way I understand the system to work.

Nowadays, if you piss me off one time, I'm out to get you.

Before I become guilty of being the pot calling the kettle black, I must admit that I'm a vengeful person. If you hurt me, I've got to hurt you back....and I have to hurt you worse than you hurt me. That's just the way it goes. Now if you keep on hurting me and keep on stepping on my trust and friendship and all that other good stuff, I become cold and hard hearted toward you. You may never know it, but I'm plotting your demise...lol.

No seriously, we are quick to tell someone who has hurt us that we forgive them, but in reality we're still reminded of that hurt daily and sometimes by the hour. I know that forgiveness is a process, but when does it start? And how can it start? What's the foundation for forgiveness? I'm asking questions here but I have no answers.

You can only fake it so long, in any relationship or friendship, before it manifests itself in some kind of wicked way.

I suppose that it is different for every person and in every situation and I'll find out my answers by walking out the roads of my existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home