A Journey to Find Me

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Superman/Clark Kent....who are you today?

I want to be Superman...able to leap tall buildings in a single bounce. I want the X-ray vision...able to look through any situation and see it for what it really is. I want to be able to fly high above any problems that tend to flank me....Oh and I like the redness of his drawers....I have a pair like those at the house...I'll post the pic later!

The truth of the matter is that while I long to be Superman, my reality is that I'm Clark Kent. I tend to flow through life mostly unnoticed. And while I'm cool with flying under the radar, sometimes I long to shine. I want to shed my insecurity and make waves...Am I crazy? I long to be in the forefront and be the hero - if only for a season. I want to be the one who comes on the scene and makes things better. I want to have an effect - positive effect - on something/someone.

As I write those words, I realize that having the spotlight doesn't come cheap nor does it come without added responsibility and that if I were there I'd probably be longing to be Clark Kent. It's impossible to please me...

Maybe being Superman is funner in dreamland than in reality. Because, you see, people in dreamland don't have real problems. They are often fighting fictional characters (I don't know who Superman fought...but Batman had the Joker, the Penguin and other ugly people)....but the people in my reality are fighting real things....poverty, lust, homosexuality, laziness, drug addiction, a nonchalant spirit, misdirection and the list could go on and on. And though I long to be their Superman and rescue them from their problems the truth is that if I don't have the key to solve my own issues then it's almost assured that I don't have the key to yours....

Which do you prefer? Oooh I just remembered Superman's enemy...wasn't it Lex Luther?

I'll try to post something lighter tomorrow....til then........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home